Saturday, October 12, 2013

Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone broken screen repair in US

I accidentally stepped on my 4 months old Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone and it cracked in the middle breaking the outer layer screen, second layer digitizer and the third layer of LCD damaging the entire display.

I was not able to view anything on the screen. I turned off the cellphone by taking out the battery and switched it back on. I could see the phone switching on and even heard notifications for new emails / reminders. I called the cell phone from my land line and could hear the calls coming in and I was relieved that nothing happened to the internal hardware. I could not pick the call bcoz the display was down and digitizer was not functioning and I could not swipe to pick the call.

I researched on line and found few local shops for repair and I was told since the phone is new and the parts are costlier - no one stocks them and they needed 3 to 5 buisness days to bring in the parts and fix it and it would cost me around $300.

I called Samsung and learnt about their repair center. Since it is physical damage, they could not cover the repair cost through Warranty however they serviced my phone for $200. It includes the 2 business day UPS shipping and tax.

Samsung provides online tracking to learn about the repair status and it takes approximately 2 weeks including shipping time frame to receive the phone back.

I could not access any of my data on the phone for the same reason the digitizer is no more working and i could not enter my secret code and unlock my phone to choose USB mode to connect to my laptop.

If you have any queries, leave them in the comments section !



3 comments:

connextel said...


It’s really really great information for becoming a better Blogger. Keep sharing, Thankscell phone repair in alliston ontario

Cheap cell phone repair Barrie

Emma Parker said...

This post is awesome and also very helpful to us. Thanks...

Use Digital Photo Recovery is magnificent software which is able to restore most of the lost images, videos, and music from your device.

Jia Allen said...

this article is awsome.i like the way of writing
iphone7 repairs shop